Therapeutic Use Exemptions
Players, like all others, may have illnesses and injuries that require them to take particular medications. If the medication a player is required to take to treat an illness or injury includes the use of a substance or method that happens to fall under the WADA Prohibited List, the player will require an exemption to use that medication - this is called a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE).
The Therapeutic Use Exemption Committee (TUEC) appointed by the ICC evaluates all applications for TUEs received by ICC. Click on the links for further information on the ICC TUE application process and the ICC TUE form.
- Use of Intravenous Infusions - ICC
- WADA Medical information on Intravenous Infusions and or Injections
- ICC TUE Application Form - February 2012
- TUE Application process (effective 1 January 2015)
- TUE Recognition process (effective 1 January 2015)
- The WADA 2016 Prohibited List (effective 1 January 2016)
- Summary of the Key Changes to the WADA Prohibited List for 2016
- ICC AD Downloadable Guide 2016