20 July 2010
ICC to name ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 mascot on 2 August
Suggestions have been invited from all over the world for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 mascot
The International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup Cricket 2011 mascot is unveiled.
The online competition for cricket fans to play a part in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 by inviting them to propose a name for the tournament mascot, an elephant, is now officially closed for entries.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) will announced the winning name on Monday 2 August 2010.
Key characteristics of the mascot are:
- Young, enthusiastic and determined
- Thinks cricket is the most fun game in the world
- Loves playing street cricket would play 24/7 if he could
- Worships his cricket heroes, their technique, skill and character
- Understands there is a lot to learn, work's hard at it, step by step
- Learning to master the art of concentration
- Dreams of playing in the ICC Cricket World Cup?one day
- Age: 10 (human years)
To view the ICC CWC 2011 mascot video, click here
To view an image gallery of the ICC CWC 2011 mascot, click here
Name the CWC mascot - introducing the elephant
Proposals for event management of ICC CWC 2011 opening ceremony requested