The match referees’ responsibilities will be shared between David Boon, Ranjan Madugalle and Javagal Srinath while the on-field responsibilities will be shared by all 11 members of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires
The match referees’ responsibilities throughout the tournament will be shared between David Boon, Ranjan Madugalle and Javagal Srinath of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees.
The on-field responsibilities will be shared by all 11 of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires, namely: Aleem Dar, Kumar Dharmasena, Steve Davis, Marais Erasmus, Ian Gould, Richard Illingworth, Richard Kettleborough, Nigel Llong, Bruce Oxenford, Paul Reiffel and Rod Tucker, as well as Billy Bowden and S.Ravi of the Emirates International Panel of ICC Umpires.
All the appointments will be announced in due course.
Meanwhile, the ICC has also confirmed the schedule of warm-up matches.
A total of 16 warm-up matches will be played in the men’s event, including eight ahead of the first round and another eight in the lead up to the Super 10 stage, while 10 women’s warm-up matches will be held at the Bangladesh Krira Shikha Protishtan (BKSP) 3 and 4 in Dhaka before the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014 kicks off in Sylhet on 23 March.
The following is the complete schedule of warm-up matches:
Wed 12 Mar – Bangladesh v UAE (1530-1830), Fatullah; Ireland v Nepal (1930-2230), Fatullah; Afghanistan v Netherlands (1530-1830), ZACS, Chittagong; Zimbabwe v Hong Kong (1930-2230), ZACS, Chittagong
Fri 14 Mar – Nepal v UAE (1530-1830), Fatullah; Bangladesh v Ireland (1930-2230), Fatullah; Afghanistan v Zimbabwe (1530-1830), MA Aziz, Chittagong; Hong Kong v Netherlands (1930-2230), MA Aziz, Chittagong
Super 10 stage
Mon 17 Mar – New Zealand v Pakistan (1530-1830), Mirpur; Sri Lanka v India (1930-2230), Mirpur
Tues 18 Mar – West Indies v England (1530-1830), Fatullah; South Africa v Bangladesh A (1930-2230), Fatullah
Wed 19 Mar – Sri Lanka v West Indies (1530-1830), Mirpur; England v India (1930-2230), Mirpur; Australia v New Zealand (1530-1830), Fatullah; South Africa v Pakistan (1530-1830), Fatullah
Women’s warm-up matches
Tues 18 Mar – Australia v Sri Lanka (0930-1230), BKSP 3, Dhaka; New Zealand v India (1330-1630), BKSP 4, Dhaka; England v Pakistan (0930-1230), BKSP 3, Dhaka; West Indies v South Africa (13301630), BKSP 4, Dhaka
Thurs 20 Mar – Pakistan v Bangladesh (0930-1230); BKSP 3, Dhaka; Sri Lanka v Ireland (1230-1630), BKSP 4, Dhaka
Fri 21 Mar – Australia v West Indies (0930-1230), BKSP 3, Dhaka; South Africa v Bangladesh (1330-1630), BKSP 4, Dhaka; England v New Zealand (0930-1230), BKSP 3, Dhaka; India v Ireland (1330-1630), BKSP 4, Dhaka
Notes to Editors:
· The second phase of tickets sale will start on Thursday 6 March. A limited number of tickets will be available for all mens tournament matches including the semi-finals and finals as well as all tickets for the men’s warm-up matches,. Tickets will only be available online and there will be no sale through box offices. Details to follow shortly in a separate media release, which will also include information on outlets and venue box offices from where the spectators, who purchased tickets in the first phase of sale, can collect their tickets.
· The accreditation process is now closed and the ICC will not entertain any further requests.
· The second phase of the accreditation process will start on 10 February when the media will be required to update their profiles by identifying first round and Super 10 stage matches it would like to cover. This process will close on 22 February and media not updating its profiles will have its accreditation cancelled.
· More detailed information on the ticketing process and the two phases of ticket sales is available here. In the second phase of sales, there will be no over-the-counter transactions or sales in person. All sales will be solely through the internet.
· The ICC tour and travel website (www.icctravel.net) features the details of all forthcoming ICC events and will be updated regularly with the contact details for all official travel agents. For the ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014, ICC Travel can create specially tailored packages upon request. Details of the officially licensed tour and travel partners can be found on this site.
· The ICC World Twenty20 2014 schedule of matches and more information can be found by clicking here.
· The ICC World Twenty20 2014 event logo can be found here and can be downloaded for editorial use only via the ICC Media Zone.
· The official hashtag is #wt20