Zimbabwe looks for its first win as the Netherlands hopes to stay on top of Group B table
Netherlands v Zimbabwe
- Against Ireland, Brendan Taylor became the second player to hit 500 T20I runs for Zimbabwe, after Hamilton Masakadza.
- In that match Tinashe Panyangara recorded the second best T20I figures for Zimbabwe (4-37).
- Of players to bat at least 20 times in T20Is, Elton Chigumbura has the second highest strike rate (150.5).
- Netherlands have won four of their last five T20Is.
- Ahsan Malik has taken 17 wickets in the 10 T20I innings he has bowled in, with his best figures coming against United Arab Emirates on Monday.
- Wesley Barresi needs one dismissal to become the first player to take 20 T20I dismissals for
- Elton Chigumbura needs 89 runs to become the third player to hit 500 T20I runs for Zimbabwe.
- Pieter Seelar needs four wickets to become the second player after Mudassar Bukhari to take 25 T20I
wickets for Netherlands.
Ahsan Malik v Brendan Taylor
Ahsan Malik continued his fine start to his T20I career with three cheap wickets against United Arab Emirates. The Dutch paceman has 17 wickets in 10 innings and his strike rate of 12 is the seventh best of any bowler with at least 10 T20I wickets.
Brendan Taylor showed against Ireland that he still has the class that he exhibited in his famous match-winning unbeaten 60 against Australia at the 2007 ICC World Twenty20. The captain is a man for the big occasion and he will expect to lead from the front again in this must-win game for his team.