UAE, bottom of Group B, must beat Ireland to stay in contention for qualification into Super 10
Ireland v United Arab Emirates
- Paul Stirling has hit five of the highest eight scores by Irish players in T20Is.
- Stirling’s 60 against Zimbabwe saw him pass William Porterfield and Gary Wilson to become Ireland’s
leading T20I run-scorer, with 569 runs.
- Stirling has been involved in the seven highest partnerships for Ireland in T20Is.
- Ireland have won all four T20 meetings between these teams.
- United Arab Emirates have lost their last three T20 matches, after winning eight of the preceding 10.
- Paul Stirling and William Porterfield need to put on 35 runs to become the fourth pair to record an aggregate T20I opening partnership of 600 runs.
- Khurram Khan is in line to join Shadeep Silva as the only players to represent United Arab Emirates 20 times in T20s.
- Gary Wilson needs one catch to pass Niall O’Brien as the player with most wicket-keeper catches for Ireland in T20Is – both players have 10 catches with the gloves.
Paul Stirling v Khurram Khan
Paul Stirling made an immediate impression on the tournament with a man-of-the-match display in Ireland’s thrilling win against Zimbabwe. His four overs were taken for just 24 runs before he cut loose with the bat, smashing 60 from just 34 balls.
42 of those runs came in boundaries, and as the wagon wheel below shows, he was particularly strong on the legside – 41 runs came on this side of the wicket. Stirling has hit four of his five T20I scores of 50 or more at a strike rate above 175.