Top 10 Most Entertaining Moments of #WT20
From Gayle's 'Champion' dance to Shazhad’s outrageous six, a look at the most entertaining moments of the ICC World T20 2016
29 March 2016 15:57
Chris Gayle guided the ball to short third-man and took off for a single to bring up his second century in T20Is after which he got down on his knees, acknowledged the crowd, and then did the ‘Champion’ dance.
2. Security Guard pouches one-hand stunner (March 18)
Joe Root smashed a Kyle Abbott delivery straight over his head, only to be caught outside the boundary rope, near the side screen by a security guard who quite nonchalantly stuck out his right hand to grab a stunner.
3. Andre Fletcher shows his football skills (March 20)
Andre Fletcher jammed down on a Nuwan Kulasekara yorker and when the ball bounced up in the air in the direction of his stumps, Fletcher kicked the ball away, showing off some impressive football skills.
4. Dwayne Bravo’s slower ball totally deceives Angelo Mathews (March 20)
Dwayne Bravo, the master of the slower delivery, got the better of Angelo Mathews with a delivery that looked like it was above waist height, but suddenly dipped and hit the bat of a ducking Mathews, who was caught behind.
5. Mohammad Shazhad’s outrageous six over long on (March 20)
Mohammad Shahzad, Afghanistan’s own MS, smashed a Kyle Abbott delivery over long-on and held the pose for a good five seconds as he admired his shot.
6. Chris Gayle & Ian Gould have some fun (March 22)
Ian Gould led Chris Gayle back into the tunnel when the batsman pretended to walk out to bat out of turn against Sri Lanka in Bangalore.
7. Chris Gayle’s wonder ball bowls David Miller (March 26)
Chris Gayle bowled David Miller with a delivery that turned sharply to take the left-hander’s middle stump. The West Indian’s celebration showed that Miller wasn’t the only one surprised by the delivery.
8. Commentators recreate Dhoni run-out (March 27)
The commentary team of Darren Ganga, Shaun Pollock, Russell Arnold and Nick Knight recreated the last delivery of the match between India and Bangladesh in Bangalore where MS Dhoni ran out Mustafizur Rahman.
9. Gayle and Shahzad do the ‘Champion’ dance after Afghanistan victory (27 March)
Chris Gayle joined the Afghanistan team in their celebrations after West Indies lost by six runs in Nagpur.