Kennington, London, SE11 5SS
The history of Surrey County Cricket Club and The Oval cricket ground is in itself a history of the game in this country.
Formed in 1845 at the Horns Tavern in Kennington, Surrey CCC have won the County Championship nineteen times – including a record seven consecutive titles from 1952 to 1958 – and have also won eight trophies in limited overs cricket – including the inaugural Twenty20 Cup in 2003.
The home county of many of the greatest players to ever play the game – including Sir Jack Hobbs, Jim Laker, Peter May, Sir Alec Bedser, Alec Stewart, Graham Thorpe and Mark Butcher – Surrey CCC is one of the most historic sports clubs in the country
The Oval is in South West London. There are several transport options:
- Underground: The Northern Line goes to the Oval Tube Station and the stadium is 100 meters away. The Victoria Line goes to Vauxhall Tube Station and it is a 10 minute walk. For more information, visit www.tfl.gov.uk
- Bus: Buses 36, 185 and 436 stop outside the stadium. For more information, visit www.tfl.gov.uk
- Trains: South West Trains go to and from Waterloo, Clapham Junction, Surrey and Hampshire train stations to Vauxhall and it is a 10 minute walk. For more information, visit www.nationalrail.co.uk
- Cycling: There is very limited bike parking outside the Hobbs Gate and this is allocated on a first come first served basis
- Parking: There is no match day car parking at, or near the stadium so all spectators are encouraged to use public transport
- Coach: To book your travel, visit www.nationalexpress.com/iccct17
- On Foot: Cricketeers will be along the walking routes from Vauxhall, Kennington and Oval Tube Stations to point you in the right direction
GENERAL SPECTATOR INFORMATION
- Download the official ICC app from May 7
- Share the excitement and get your friends to sign up to receive tournament information https://www.icc-cricket.com/register
- Show your colours and support your team by buying official merchandise https://www.icccricketstore.com/
- Visit the ticketing site to buy tickets https://championstrophy.tickets.icc-cricket.com/
- Use #CT17 to share your experience now and on a match day
- Gates open two hours before the start of scheduled play
- There will be a good variety of food and drinks on offer for adults and children
- Visit the Fanzone in the stadium and have a go at the activities on offer
- Have a go at bowling and batting, watch a masterclass in the mid innings break and live footage of the match shown throughout the day in the ‘Champions Corner’
- Take a photo with your heroes at the ‘Wall of Champions’
- Take a photo of you in action at the stadium in the ‘At the Crease’ photobooth
- See 3D street art of you and the Champions Trophy
- Visit the giant Hashtag #CT17
- Listen to live music performances throughout the day
- ICC sponsors will also be running fun activities in the FanZone so head over to take part!
- Keep an eye on the big screens throughout the match for competitions, prizes and activities to add to your day without moving from your seat.
- Celebrate with your team and watch the post-match presentation before leaving.
There is so much to do in London this summer. Make sure you make the most of your trip by planning ahead using www.visitlondon.com. It's full of ideas for different tastes and budgets from visiting London's famous sights and attractions, to museums, galleries, theatre, parks, markets and restaurants. Click here to download the new Visit London app.
OTHER EVENTS/THINGS TO DO
The View from The Shard
Rise high above London and see the city's iconic skyline from a unique perspective, with views stretching up to 40 miles (64km).
Tower of London
Take a tour with one of the Yeoman Warders and discover the Tower of London’s 900-year history as a royal palace, prison, place of execution, arsenal, jewel house and even a zoo!
There are a wide variety of free museums to visit in London. See the Rosetta Stone at the British Museum, the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum or the brand new Switch House at contemporary art gallery Tate Modern, all for free. Read more
Find more top London attractions