Some facts and figures following Pakistan’s stirring triumph over India
- Imran Khan (CWC 1987), Shahid Afridi (CWC 2011) and now Hasan Ali are the only Pakistan bowlers to take three or more wickets in four matches in an ICC tournament.
- On Sunday, Pakistan scored its biggest win over India (180 runs) in ODI cricket while India scored its biggest ever win over Pakistan in field hockey (7-1)!
- Hasan Ali took 13 wickets in this edition of ICC Champions Trophy, the joint most in a single tournament. Jerome Taylor (West Indies) also took 13 in 2006.
- Pakistan were the only team to introduce any debutants in this competitions. Not one – but three! And they ended up winning.
- The 180-run win for Pakistan is their highest winning margin over India in ODI cricket. The previous highest was by 159 runs at Delhi in 2005.
- Shadab Khan, now the youngest player to feature in a Champions Trophy final, took the wicket of previous youngest player in a Champions Trophy final - Yuvraj Singh.
- Pakistan blasted nine sixes; the most by any team in a final in ICC Champions Trophy history.
- Pakistan’s 338/4 is the second-highest total in ICC tournament finals after Australia’s 359/2 against India in the final of the 2007 Cricket World Cup.
- Fakhar Zaman is the third player to score his maiden ODI century in an ICC event final after Clive Lloyd and Philo Wallace. Neither Lloyd or Wallace scored another!