The ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup New Zealand 2022 (“CWC22”) is organised by Cricket 2021 Limited (with company number 7559916) as the general partner for Women’s Cricket 2021 LP (with registered number 50008840) (“LOC”, “we”, “our” and “us”). LOC respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
- New Zealand Cricket; and
- International Cricket Council Limited, ICC Business Corporation FZ LLC and International Cricket Council FZ LLC (together, the “ICC”).
Contacting Us / Lodging a Complaint
LOC and the Cricket Entities each take all privacy complaints seriously and will investigate your complaint in a confidential manner. You will be informed of the outcome of the investigation within a reasonable period.
You can contact the LOC by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to LOC’s Privacy Officer at Level 4, 8 Nugent Street, Grafton, Auckland 1023, New Zealand.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint or you are unhappy with the outcome, you can contact the Office of Privacy Commissioner via its enquiries line 0800 803 909 or website www.privacy.org.nz to lodge a complaint.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in material form or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
We collect personal information to properly and efficiently carry out our respective functions, including to provide you requested products and services, and to facilitate the provision of marketing and promotion services that may be of interest to you.
The personal information collected and held about you will vary depending on the circumstances of collection and may include, but is not limited to, as follows:
- your photo name, address, email address, date of birth, gender, occupation, contact information;
- information about your attendance at and experience of the CWC22;
- information about your favourite team that is competing in the CWC22;
- information about your dealings with LOC or Cricket Entities, including subscriptions for LOC Entity services and attendance at cricket matches;
- details of items ordered or purchased from us;
- background checks including police checks and working with children checked if you apply for employment, coaching and volunteer positions for LOC and the CWC22;
- other information provided voluntarily by you, for example in response to surveys or competitions.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email, in an application form or competition entry form, when you join a LOC or a Cricket Entity fan club, when you purchase tickets to the CWC22, submit information through or access our websites or games; and
- from third parties, such as the Cricket Entities, third party service providers, ticket agencies, LOC or Cricket Entity commercial partners and other commercial data sources and data providers. We may collect personal information regarding a child from the parent or other responsible person associated with that child.
We may also receive information about you from third parties in relation to other websites. For example, you may choose to participate in a third party application or feature as part of our services (such as logging in through Facebook Connect or otherwise linking to the services from another website or interactive service) or on a third party website or service (such as a Facebook application or a similar application or feature) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including personal information. When you choose to participate, you may be opting to link your activity on LOC Entity services with that third party website or service, which may then collect information about your visits to LOC Entity websites and may publish that activity as you request to your "profile" or similar feature with that third party (such as if you choose to share content you find on an LOC Entity website with your "connections" on the third party's website or service).
It is not compulsory for you to provide us with Personal Information, however, if you do not provide us with some or all of the information that we request, then this may affect our ability to communicate with you and/or we may not be able to provide you with the requested products or services.
By not providing requested information, you may jeopardise your ability to attend the CWC22, participate in competitions or apply for employment or volunteer positions with us. If it is impracticable for us to deal with you as a result of you not providing the requested information or consent, we may refuse to do so.
Information storage and protection
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. When your information is provided to us, the information may be combined or linked with other information held about you.
Security of personal information is important to us. We have taken steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the security measures we use include strict confidentiality requirements of our respective employees, volunteers, service providers, security measures for system access and security measures for our website.
How do we use your personal information?
LOC may use your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, and secondary purposes related to the primary purpose. Such primary and secondary purposes may include, without limitation, use of your personal information to:
- administer your request for Tickets, process payment and deal with any permitted refunds or exchanges;
- provide the services and/or communications you request from us;
- inform you of important CWC22-related information, for example time or event changes, transport information or related events;
- investigate and take action in the event the Ticket Terms and Conditions, local ground regulations, major event management regulations or other applicable laws are breached;
- carry out market research and surveys;
- track and analyse activity on our website;
- understand and respect your preferences and to provide details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them;
- where you apply for employment, coaching and other employment or volunteer opportunities with LOC, verify your identity and complete background checks;
- develop, run, administer and market competitions, activities and other events relating to the CWC22 and cricket generally;
- market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by LOC or either of the Cricket Entities or our respective corporate partners, licensees, suppliers and sponsors;
- administer and manage our respective websites and provide you with access to those websites;
- keep you informed of news and information (such as advance notice of ticket sales) relating to the CWC22 and cricket generally, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums; and
- research and develop new products, services and merchandise relating to the CWC22 and cricket generally.
Health and sensitive information
In accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Principles, if it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, or you have elected to provide it, the LOC Entities may also collect sensitive information (which is a type of personal
information) such as:
- information about your health and medical history; or
- other sensitive information about you (for example, information about your racial or ethnic origin or that of your parents).
Sensitive information is afforded a higher level of privacy protection than other personal information.
The LOC Entities may use health information about you for insurance purposes and/or to ensure that any events or activities in which you participate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs you may have. If you do not consent to the collection of your health and sensitive information (and we are not otherwise permitted under law to collect that information) please do not provide your health and sensitive information when prompted to do so.
In addition, we may use de-identified health information and other sensitive information to carry out research, to plan events and activities or to prepare submissions to government or a government body. De-identified information is information which has been aggregated or otherwise de-identified so that it cannot be used to identify you or any other individual.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- within LOC;
- to the Cricket Entities;
- to organisations (other than the LOC Entities) involved in cricket and sporting programmes and initiatives in New Zealand;
- to companies and service providers that we have engaged or used to carry out functions and activities on our behalf, including companies involved in:
- advertising and marketing our products, services, merchandise and special offers (including social media partners);
- data aggregation, enrichment, augmentation, processing, analytics and research; and
- the design, implementation, maintenance and hosting of any database on our behalf;
- to our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- to our insurers;
- to governmental bodies including without limitation law enforcement and security agencies, contracted service providers to the New Zealand Government, and other entities, government departments and agencies who have responsibilities that interact with New Zealand hosting the CWC22; and
- to relevant law enforcement bodies for the purposes of safety and security or for the purposes of planning the CWC22 including, for example, traffic and transport planning purposes.
Our service providers are not authorised by us to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legislation.
Transfer of Information Overseas
The data we collect, including your personal information, will be hosted and stored in New Zealand, the United Arab Emirates, the UK and the USA and/or other international jurisdictions.
We may disclose your information to third party service providers who may be located (and so your personal information may be disclosed) overseas, including in India, the USA and the UK, and other countries from time to time. In addition, in order to administer requests and purchases by you, we may need to transfer your personal information to the ICC which is located in the United Arab Emirates. In such circumstances, we will only disclose personal information to another organisation outside New Zealand if the receiving organisation:
- is subject to the Privacy Act because they do business in New Zealand;
- is subject to privacy laws that provide comparable safeguards to the Privacy Act;
- agrees to adequately protect the information, e.g. by using model contract clauses;
- is covered by a binding scheme or is subject to the privacy laws of a country prescribed by the New Zealand Government; or
- if you give us permission to do so.
Accuracy of your personal information
LOC takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly. You are encouraged to regularly review and update your personal information. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
How can you access the personal information we hold about you?
You are entitled to obtain confirmation of whether or not we hold any personal information about you and, subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. You may request the correction of your personal information at any time. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing. We will inform you of any steps taken by us in response to your request for a correction. If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why. If you have any questions about your personal information or want to amend your details you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information.
If the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you, you have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of:
- the source of your personal information;
- the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing;
- the data controller’s identity; and
- the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
For the avoidance of doubt, opting–out or unsubscribing yourself from a mailing list of a LOC Entity product or service will ensure your removal from that particular mailing list but will not guarantee your removal from other mailing lists that LOC or Cricket Entities may store your details in as a result of your engagement with a different service or product.
Rights under the GDPR
If you are resident in the European Union or otherwise benefit from rights as a data subject under the GDPR, you will have certain additional rights in relation to our handling of your personal information, including the following rights:
- to erase personal information;
- to restrict the processing of your personal information;
- to transfer your personal information;
- to object to the processing of personal information;
- to object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- to obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction; and
- to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
If you are a data subject with rights under the GDPR then we will take steps to ensure that prior to profiling your information for a legitimate interest, that our legitimate interest is not overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. If you are a data subject with rights under the GDPR you may have rights to object to us profiling your personal information.
If you wish to access any of these rights, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, in particular before disclosing personal information to you. We reserve the right to refuse to provide this additional information if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to address your request fully, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Right to rectify or erase personal information
You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it. You can also request that we erase your personal information in limited circumstances where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful exercise of the right to object (see right to object as set out below); or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- to comply with a legal obligation to which LOC is subject.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to restrict the processing of your personal information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to transfer your personal information
You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine- readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller, but in each case only where:
- the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to object to the processing of your personal information
You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
Right to object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes.
You can request that we not transfer your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes.
Right to obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction
You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union. We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms.
Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.