The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 will be hosted in England and Wales next year as ten of the world’s top sides come together to play for the greatest prize in international cricket.
There are now just two steps remaining on the road to Cricket World Cup 2019 (CWC19), with every step of qualification explained here.
- The top eight teams in the MRF Tyres ICC ODI rankings (South Africa, India, England, New Zealand, Australia, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka) have all confirmed their spot at CWC19, by finishing in the top eight by the cut-off date of 30 September 2017
- The final two spots will be decided at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Qualifier (CWCQ), which takes place between 4-25 March 2018 in Zimbabwe
- The CWCQ will be made up of ten teams:
o The bottom 4 sides in the MRF ODI rankings
(West Indies, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and Ireland)
o The top 4 sides from ICC World Cricket League Championship
(Netherlands, Scotland, Hong Kong and Papua New Guinea)
o Top two 2 sides from ICC World Cricket League Division 2
- The final two places at the CWCQ will go to the top two teams from the ICC World Cricket League Division 2, which takes place between 8-15 February 2018 in Namibia
- Kenya, UAE, Nepal, Namibia, Canada and Oman will battle it out in WCL Division 2 over eight days for the final two CWCQ spots. WCL Division 2 will be played in a round-robin format, with the top two competing the final and qualifying for the CWCQ
- The CWCQ will feature 34 games with the ten teams split into two groups of five. Teams will play everyone in their group once, with the top three from each group making their way into the Super Six.
- The top two teams from the Super Six stage will book their place at ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 and will compete in the CWCQ final.
- 8-15 February 2018: World Cricket League Division 2
- 4-25 March: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Qualifier
- 1 May 2018: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 ticket ballot opens
- 30 May-14 July 2019: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 ticket ballot opens on 1 May 2018. Register here for priority access to the ballot.