The ICC today confirmed that Chairman of the ICC Code of Conduct Commission, The Hon Michael Beloff QC, has been appointed as the Judicial Commissioner to hear Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal’s appeal.
The hearing will take place on Friday, 22 June, and, legal counsel for both parties and Mr Chandimal will join via telephone or videoconference.
The ICC will announce the result of the hearing through its usual channels and will not make any further comment until that time.
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Dinesh Chandimal received two suspension points and a fine of 100 per cent of his match fee after he was found guilty of changing the condition of the ball during the second day’s play in the St Lucia Test against the Windies on Saturday
- Previous media releases on this incident are available here.
- Demerit Points to remain on a Player or Player Support Personnel’s disciplinary record for a period of twenty-four (24) months from their imposition following which they will be expunged
- To review list of ICC Code of Conduct breaches and penalties, please click here
- To review the Men’s Test Playing Conditions, please click here