Players, like all others, may have illnesses and injuries that require them to take particular medications. If the medication a player is required to take to treat an illness or injury includes the use of a substance or method that happens to fall under the WADA Prohibited List, the player will require an exemption to use that medication - this is called a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE).
The Therapeutic Use Exemption Committee (TUEC) appointed by the ICC evaluates all applications for TUEs received by ICC. Click on the links for further information on the ICC TUE application process and the ICC TUE form.
- ICC Anti-Doping Guide 2018
- Use of Intravenous Infusions - ICC
- WADA Medical information on Intravenous Infusions and or Injections
- TUE Application process (effective 1 January 2015)
- TUE Recognition process (effective 1 January 2015)
- ICC TUE Application Form – effective 2015
- The WADA 2018 Prohibited List
- Advisory note - Use of supplements