Therapeutic Use Exemptions
Players, like all others, may have illnesses and injuries that require them to take particular medications. If the medication a player is required to take to treat an illness or injury includes the use of a substance or method that happens to fall under the WADA Prohibited List, the player will require an exemption to use that medication - this is called a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE).
The Therapeutic Use Exemption Committee (TUEC) appointed by the ICC evaluates applications from international players for TUEs. Domestic players should submit their TUE applications to their National Anti-Doping Organisations (NADOs).
For further information on the ICC TUE application process and the ICC TUE form please refer to the following documents.
- ICC TUE Application Form - word version
- ICC TUE Application Form - PDF version
- Information on Therapeutic Use Exemptions
- ICC TUE Application Process
- ICC TUE Recognition Process
- General Checklist for TUE application
Other helpful documents on the WADA Prohibited List and Therapeutic Use Exemptions.